Being able to move around Bristol independently in important to young adults being able to live independent lives. This could be using public transport, cycling or driving, depending on what a young person chooses.
There are lots of different ways to get around Bristol. This page has information on the common forms of transport used in Bristol and where you can find more information.
Riding a bicycles is a great way to get around and good for your health too.
- Get Cycling Disablity have information of bike adaptations.
- The Family Cycling Centre have some brilliant inclusive cycling sessions for people of all abilities and adaptation needs.
- Life Cycle UK offer tandem rides for disabled or visually impaired people.
Buses and Trains
Using the public transport system can be a great way of getting around Bristol Independently.
- Bristol's Disabled Bus Pass (also known as Diamond and Platinum Travelcards) can get you free travel around Bristol. A companion card is also available.
- National Rail's Disabled Persons Railcard can get you a discount on rail travel around Bristol and the UK.
- Brandon Trust's Travel Buddy Scheme can help you learn to travel independently.
Being able to drive a motorised vehicle, like a car to get around is possible for a lot of disabled people.
- Eazidrive offer driving lesson for those who need to use an adapted car.
- The Driving and Mobility Centre for the West of England assess people to see what their adaptive needs might be.
- Motability offer cars, included adapted cars, to those who are in reciept of the mobility component of Disability Living Allowence or Personal Independence Payments.
The Safe Place Scheme helps you to knowing where to go to for help if you're out and about in Bristol, including when you're travelling independently.
Home to School Travel
Information on getting to and from school or college if you are still in education.
Find out more about Home to School Travel.
This page has information for residents in the City of Bristol. Find out about what other Local Authorities do.
Last Update 1 December 2016 by Findability Team.
We make sure we keep information on Findability as up to date as we can. If you think this page is out of date or inaccurate please contact us on email@example.com. Findability is not responsible for the content of external websites.