Some young adults are happy to stay at home with their parents or carers.  Some prefer to get a place to live on their own, or with their friends.  If you decide to move out there are many options to choose from.  This will depend on what you want and the support you require.


Private renting

Paying someone (a landlord) who owns the property to live there. 


Council or Local Housing Association Housing

Renting a property owned by Bristol City Council or a Local Housing Association.


Supported Housing

Houses that are usually shared and have support teams working around the houses to help all residents live more independently.


Shared Lives (redirects)

Living with a family in their home.


Care Home (redirects)

Living in residential home with can give you high levels of support.


Buying a Home

Owning your own property.


Homelessness (redirects)

Having no home in the UK or anywhere else in the world for you to live in.


Staying Put - Children in Care

The right to stay in your foster care home until you're ready to leave or you turn 21.


Bristol City Council's leaflet on Housing Options can give you more information on where to get support.


If you are the parent or carer of a disabled child or young person you can find out what support is available to you on the Carer's Housing page.



This page has information for residents in the City of Bristol.  Find out about what other Local Authorities do.

Last Update 1 December 2016 by Findability Team.

We make sure we keep information on Findability as up to date as we can.  If you think this page is out of date or inaccurate please contact us on  Findability is not responsible for the content of external websites.