Schools must comply with a range of statutory requirements in carrying out their everyday duties. This guide provides school staff and governing bodies with a brief summary of some of the key areas of statutory responsibility.
Download the Statutory Combined Guidance for Schools (PDF)
What's in it?
Inside is information on legislative duties and local policy. The chapters included are:
1. Careers Guidance
2. Children in Care (CiC) (also referred to as Looked After Children or LAC)
3. Children Missing Education
4. Elective Home Education
6. School Admissions
7. Fair Access Protocol
8. Participation in Education, Employment and Training
9. Pupils Missing out on Education (PME)
11. School Attendance
12. Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND)
13. Websites - What schools must publish online
ANNEX A - Education (Pupil Registration) (England) Regulations 2006
This page has information for residents in the City of Bristol. Find out about what other Local Authorities do.
Last Update 18 May 2017 by SENDop
We make sure we keep information on Findability as up to date as we can. If you think this page is out of date or inaccurate please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org. Findability is not responsible for the content of external websites.