This page has information on the Safeguarding in Education Team (SET) who provide support, guidance and challenge to schools, services, early years settings and services within the BCC People Directorate.
We are part of the Specialist Education and Access Service and offer support, guidance and challenge to ensure that children are kept safe and their welfare is promoted as required by Section 175 of the Education Act 2002.
Statutory guidance Working Together to Safeguard Children (2015), Keeping Children Safe in Education (2015) and Bristol Safeguarding Children Board (BSCB) procedures help to inform the work of the team and any good practice guidance that is developed. The principles that underpin the Children Acts 1989 and 2004 provide a framework for our service standards.
What support do you offer schools?
The Safeguarding in Education Team work in partnership with all agencies including Early Help, First Response, Social Care Unit, the Police and health to ensure that children are kept safe within education. Each Area School Safeguard Advisor will hold their own Portfolio and take a city wide lead Domestic Abuse, Female Genital Mutilation, Bullying, Prevent and Radicalisation, Child Sexual Exploitation and E-safety.
Core functions for 2015/2016:
• Embedding Safeguarding in Education Team (SET)
• Setting up a notification system to schools for Domestic Abuse incidents
• Implement statutory single agency training to schools
• Embed regular area based CPD (Continual Professional Development) networks for schools
• Deliver on Bristol Safeguard Children’s Board priorities as per 2015/16 Business plan through the education sub group, including the section 11 school annual audit.
• Support to schools in self-evaluation and planning against the Ofsted framework.
• Briefing Notes on specific issues and new guidance, publication of a Safeguarding Newsletter providing critical information and updates for schools and settings 3 times each year.
If you need any of these documents in a different format please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. This page has information for residents in the City of Bristol. Find out about what other Local Authorities do.
Last Update 27 April 2017 by SENDop
We make sure we keep information on Findability as up to date as we can. If you think this page is out of date or inaccurate please contact us on email@example.com. Findability is not responsible for the content of external websites.